CALLING ALL LIBERIAN WRITERS: Poets, Short Story Writers, Short Memoir Articles, Autobiography, Emerging & Established, to Submit
Call for Submissions: “Breaking the Silence: Anthology of Liberian Literature”
With the support of the Pennsylvania State University, Dr. Patricia Jabbeh Wesley, Author of several books, Poet, & Professor of English, Creative Writing, and Literature of Penn State University is seeking manuscripts from Liberian writers and all writers of Liberian origin or descent, established and emerging writers to submit their manuscripts of poetry, fiction, memoir articles, true stories, prose poems, and spoken word poetry about all subjects, including the Liberian civil war, post war Liberia, Diaspora experience, family issues, everything for consideration to be published in the new and first comprehensive anthology of Liberian literature in this modern era, entitled: “Breaking the Silence: Anthology of Liberian Literature.” All manuscripts will be considered for publication. Please follow the guidelines to submit your work. Possible pub. date: Between 2021& 2022.
- Only Liberians and writers of Liberian connection or descent should submit their work.
- All poetry, stories, and memoir or autobiography pieces must be type-written on word doc., word dox, (no pdf or other format)
- All work must be edited and polished to be considered. No amateur pieces will be accepted. (Get together with fellow writers to polish your work).
- Submit work that is yours only, and the anthology will have only first publication or one-time publication right (no compensation) with a signed contract from the publisher of the anthology.
- All work must be submitted by ATTACHMENT in word format to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open submission date: March 1, 2020, to December 31, 2020
- Contact the anthology email or Dr. Wesley if you know of other Liberian writers, dead or alive, who may benefit from this opportunity to compile our work in one volume
- We are looking for work by Liberian writers from the founding of the Republic in the 1800s to the present. Forward us any tips, poems, stories for consideration
- Length & Number of Stories & memoir articles- 10 – 12 double spaced, 12-point font or
10-12 pages long. Send up to 2 stories (unless requested by the editor for more).
- Poetry: Send 3, 4, up to 6 poems (only the best will be accepted). Format: one poem on each page, single space your lines, edit and polish before submission.
For any questions, please contact email@example.com